Kyoto Group is a Norwegian company founded in 2016. Kyoto operates in the fast growing «green economy», with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power.By storing the energy in its thermal battery (“the Heatcube”) Kyoto can play a key role in the decarbonisation of the industry, while also offering balancing and flexibility services to power producers and grid operators. The Company is an early mover in the thermal energy market, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility and by this making Kyoto highly competitive. Kyoto Group is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo, and its head office is in Oslo.
Kyoto Group is currently looking for an experienced Senior Automation Engineer. As the Senior Automation Engineer, you will have the overall responsibility for the automation design and the automation process specification of the Heatcube. Heatcube is a thermal battery, enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity).
- You will be responsible for ensuring the acceptance testing, completion and commissioning of the automation system.
- You will be responsible for approving the technical documents and manuals delivered by our suppliers for systems used in the automation and our BMS.
- You will be responsible driving the automation technology development in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- The position reports directly to the CTO.
Requirements Experience & Competencies
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with design and development of automation system on an industrial scale. Specific experience of automation for hydraulic systems including pumps, valves, electric heater, heat exchangers and trace heating are relevant. Experience in working with molten salt and/or high temperature systems (>500 degree Celsius) is an advantage. Experience with steam producing systems is a must.
- Have proven experience in: developing, specifying, installing and running equipment in collaboration with suppliers.
- Highly experienced with risk mitigation using design and process FMEA and Risk Assessment (HSE) methodologies.
- You have the competence to validate FEA models for automation of hydraulic systems.
- Experience with PLC programming and usage is a must
- Knowledge of industrial networks and relevant technical standards
- MSc/MEng within Engineering with emphasis on automation or similar.
Our ideal candidate
- You are passionate about driving the renewable transformation and the decarbonization of the industry.
- You are systematic, self-driven and have a hands-on attitude. You like to be busy and hands on, whilst maintaining a strategic perspective in everything you do, you are calm and able to focus on the objective in every situation.
- You enjoy working in a start-up culture, in the sense that you are adaptable, flexible and have a strong willingness to get the job done with the ability to go the extra mile that is required from time to time.
- Naturally you should possess strong business skills, and the ability to work in a self-drives and independent manner, to secure success, this includes developing an driving initiatives from idea to closure,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Norwegian is a bonus.
- You respect and adhere to timelines.
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company in the «green economy»
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment.
Motivated by this opportunity? Please contact advisers Christian Asbjørnsen / Thorkild Mehren Graadahl at Modis Norway, tel. +47 406 00 074 /+47 932 25 322 for further information.