Modis Norway has been given the assignment to recruit a Control System Engineer for Høglund Marine Solutions.
Høglund Marine Solutions delivers integrated automation, energy and power solutions for the global maritime markets. Our Solutions are known to be user-friendly, environmentally safe and cost-efficient over the lifetime of the vessel. Customers of Høglund can expect responsive support by a highly skilled, hands-on technical team.
Høglund’s headquarters is located in Tønsberg, Norway. Our branch offices are found in Trondheim (Norway), Hamburg (Germany), Galati (Romania), Wuhan (China), Busan (South Korea), Helsinki (Finland) and Coimbatore (India).
Høglund Marine Solutions are looking for a Control System Engineer to strengthen the technical team in Marine Automation.
Location: Barkåker (Tønsberg)
For questions, please contact Recruiter Marianne Jahren; 452 06 129 / email@example.com
We process applications on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor/master in the field automation/Electrical/Cybernetic or equivalent. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- 3 years’ experience within PLC programming
- Good domain knowledge in maritime systems, especially power systems is an advantage
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary / multinational environment
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Knowledge about communication protocols
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English
You responsibilities will be
- Work project oriented with focus on PLC programming
- Contribute to the development of:, Standard control system library, Power Management Systems, Energy Management Systems andCloud services
- Identify customers requirement and bring effective solutions.
- Support to Service and Aftersales organization
- Occasional participation in FAT, commissioning and start-up
We are looking for someone who is
- Self-motivated, structured and with a high work capacity
- Adaptable, flexible and with the ability to handle several projects at the same time
- Hands-on and with a problem-solving attitude
- Able to work alone and in teams, good communication skills
- Take initiative and show responsibility
- As our clients are in the maritime industry, understanding of and passion for ship design and operation is a clear advantage
- Have a strong will to contribute as a team-member in various projects to the overall success of the business
What we offer you
- A “can do” and “customer first” working atmosphere
- Challenging and exciting work assignments
- A corporate culture characterized by informal lines of communication across organization and geography
- Flexible working day
- Fantastic colleagues!
- Competitive employment conditions and good career opportunities in a global maritime company